Thursday, June 21, 2012

VIZIO E3D320VX Good,affordable 3D TV for a bedroom or den.

VIZIO E3D320VX Good,affordable 3D TV for a bedroom or den.
I purchased this Vizio 42" 3D model from Amazon and was impressed by the fast delivery and it's arrival in perfect condition.Set up was painless out of the box and I had mounted it on my bedroom wall and running in under an hour.Wireless internet apps were easy to set up as well.Setting up the right color/contrast and sound took awhile as I muddled through the set up without reading the manual completely.I prefer turning the auto backlight control off, turning the sharpness to about +10(for the non HD channels)and watching on Vivid mode with contrast at 75, color at 60, backlight at 85, brightness at about 80.You will have to find your personal preferences from there.Picture quality was pretty good for a low cost 42"TV.Cable basic channels go from fair to acceptable(as with most HD tv's),however...HD channels lood really good once you find your settings.

There are a few downsides to this model,slow start up time when powering on,remote buttons require more pressure than most,a delay between channel changes is very easy to notice as well.If this is your main tv,it could be a deal breaker if you are impatient.There is no "favorites"option on channels either,so you need to go through it slowly.When you go into Vizio apps, they can be added and deleted as well as placed in your order of preference(a nice feature.)The apps appear in a row at the bottom of the screen.If you want to watch Amazon video,choose it and a side menu displays the content choices(sadly, not in full screen.)I use Amazon Prime(good choices and free content for Prime members)and Vudu.I haven't tried the Netflix yet,but there are additional apps you can download for free that provide some nice content as well.
If you have a fast modem and wireless router set up, the apps are great to use and set up.The sound is adequate for a bedroom tv, but some may want to add a soundbar.In summary:This a very good TV for the price.After reading the shortcomings, it still provides good value at it's price point. 3D content from my Panasonic BDT210 looks as good on this Vizio as it does on my 55"lg Infinia 6500. You must use a 1.4 HDMI rated cable with ethernet for 3D and I also suggest wall mounting with a tilt mount for the best 3D effects to show.The provided 3D glasses work well and are interchangeable with the ones that came with my passive LG and they both fit comfortably over my prescription glasses.If you don't have over 800 bucks to spend on a different TV and want a 3D smart model,this Vizio is a very good choice.

1 comment:

  1. A co-worker of mine from Dish told me about this TV because I need to upgrade some of my older tube TV’s with HD sets. I’m getting my new Hopper HD satellite receiver from Dish installed this weekend so I’ll have HD, a DVR, and internet access in every room. Once the Hopper and new TV’s are installed, my family and I will be much happier TV viewers because it’s been a long time since we’ve had any home upgrades!

    ReplyDelete